We’re revisiting this post from several years ago because it is still very relevant, helpful to all poker players, and most assuredly very educational for beginners.
Sticking with Daniel Negreanu for now because he sure knows how to play Poker. Daniel will tell you that “Small Ball Poker is all about the art of increasing your poker chips without risking a lot of them”. In his videos he states that aggressive betting in Small Ball Poker will help you win lots of small pots, and I for one certainly agree with him. I know that is a great way to increase my Texas Hold em poker chips count.
You too could start winning at the Texas Hold em Poker Tables using the following Small Ball Poker Strategies:
1. Attack blinds aggressively but only raise 3 times the blinds.
2. Don’t try stealing the blinds if some one else has called in front of you.
3. Make sure to try stealing only with hands that have potential to hit big.
4. Avoid trying to steal with trash hands.
5. Play position; be aggressive and use position to steal pots.
6. Don’t limp in, bet 1/2 to 3/4ths of the pot
Bottom line, to be effective get into a lot of pots and put constant pressure on your opponents. Good luck